Note from Editor regarding Nov/Dec issue, page 13

Jared Redding, Sports Editor

In the November/December edition of The Charger on page 13, a sports brief was written regarding the school’s swim team.

The brief reads as follows:

Sixteen OHS swimmers travelled to Tupelo to compete in the MHSAA Class II State Championship swim meet. 

One of the main highlights of the meet was a third place finish in the girls 200 meter freestyle relay composed of sophomore Lucy Chiniche, sophomore Kate Byars, sophomore Caki Field, and senior Anna Dennis. 

Lucy Chiniche also finished fourth overall and acheived team All-State honors by having a recorded 57.36 second 100 meter freestyle.

The boys team pushed six swimmers to All-State honors including Thomas Hoskins, Jeffery Wang, Graham Norris, Will Carrington, Cole Moore, Harrison Tann, and Bryce Gozkowiscz.

Both the 200 and 400 freestyle relay teams finished with All-State. The last time that OHS medaled in this event was in 2001.

There was a mistake in that brief. The 200 and 400 meter freestyle relays medaled in 2012, because of that, the brief should read:

Both the 200 and 400 freestyle relay teams finished with All-State. The last time that OHS medaled in this event was in 2012.