OHS Soccer team hopes to make run in playoffs

Will Mott, senior center midfielder,
runs after the soccer ball during a home
game.
Will Mott, senior center midfielder, runs after the soccer ball during a home game.

The OHS boys soccer team has had a very successful season this year so far with an overall record of 14-4 with a 3-1 record in district play putting the team second in 7A Region 1. The Chargers are also ranked No. 34 in the nation according to Max Preps and sixth in the state of Mississippi.

“Our season has gone pretty good so far, we have been pretty consistent with all our games, a few injuries and a few setbacks here and there but overall we are as of now locked in for second seed in playoffs and waiting to see who is first and who is in second seed between us and hernando,” Senior striker Everhett Van Every said.

The team is still playing to either secure the second or first seed going into the playoffs. The Chargers are continuing to build and get better each and every day to be prepared for the playoffs.

“We are continuing to build as a team each and every day by recovering from injuries and really perfecting every single part of our game to get ready for the playoffs coming up these next few weeks,” Senior center Back Andrews McLellan said. “We are still practicing and reviewing film every single week which has set us up to have a good run in the playoffs this year.”

Players are expecting a lot of themselves coming into the playoffs. The team is going into it working hard every practice and doing whatever it takes every day to win each game and go as far as possible in the playoffs..

“I’m expecting effort and passion going into the playoffs. I don’t want to leave a game disappointed because we could have done better and played harder, but because our season was over with the best game we could have played and ended on,” Van Every said.