Usher’s halftime performance leaves mixed reviews

The 2024 Super Bowl halftime show left some people thrilled and full of entertainment while others were less entertained. The Usher halftime show to some was a great success but to others, they thought it was chaotic and could have been significantly better. Millennials and Gen-Xers were the core group that felt that the show was amazing.  Some of them have gone onto social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and X. To say things such as, “Usher’s SuperBowl 2024 Halftime show was energetic and star-studded”. Although some people enjoyed this halftime performance some did not share the same feelings. Some Gen-Z did not think this halftime show was as good as it could have been and voiced their opinions, for example, “The half-time show this year was not it, compared to Rihanna’s last year it could have been much better.”

Some creative elements included in the show were the diverse colorful costumes, the different types of dancing, colorful lights, and the combination of different songs and artists. Guest singers Alicia Keys, Will.i.am, Jermaine Dupri, Lil Jon, and Ludacris helped bring the show together even more. Along with the outstanding musical performances, the illumination of colorful lighting added some character to the show. Some people felt that the dancing, roller skating, and acrobatic elements of the show created a fast-paced, innovative way to keep the viewer’s attention.

Despite the fact that Usher himself, or any other Super Bowl performer, was not paid to perform at the halftime show, the NFL still had to pay the excessive costs of the show. The breakdown of all costs covered in the show comes down to around 1 million dollars a minute. For Super Bowl 2024, this totals around 15 million dollars for the whole performance.

To take it back home, the featured band “Sonic Boom of the South” was from Jackson State University. They were hand-picked in November of 2023 to join Usher on the field. This was a great accomplishment for their band and school as they worked very strategically to keep a prestigious band. This was not just an amazing accomplishment for Jackson State University but also for the state of Mississippi as a whole.