New album, “Vultures,” dissapointing

New album, Vultures, dissapointing

Kanye West’s highly anticipated “VULTURES 1” album has finally been released. The album contains 16 songs which were released on Feb. 9, 2024, along with one single. The single and the 11th song on the album, called “VULTURES” was released on Nov. 18, 2023. The “VULTURES 1” album has received mixed reviews from fans. The album has many very appealing songs, but some of them are just not West’s usual style, which could be described as comforting and motivational.

West’s new album is distinctive in the way that he has been through adversity since the release of another album, “Donda”. This album was a way of showing the music world that West is still making music at a high level and will continue to make more music even though people have began to lose faith in him.

One of the most played songs on the new album, “CARNIVAL,” has been a hit with features from rappers Playboi Carti, Ty Dolla $ign, and Rich the Kid. An easy-going song called “BURN” has been called the ‘song of the summer’ due to its relaxed manner and catchy chorus.

“VULTURES 1” didn’t meet the expectations that West’s fanbase had for this album. It is as if past albums such as “ye” and “Graduation” were much better listens because they felt more on topic with West’s flow and style of music. “VULTURES 1” seems like a whole new type of music from Kanye and it feels unnatural. Even though some of the songs with his new approach were enjoyable, it would have been better to hear songs that displayed Kanye’s old music style.

This album has been long-awaited and has received many different reviews and opinions. Overall, the album was mediocre and does not even compare to some of his amazing work from early in West’s career. West has completely strayed away from his old style of songwriting. This album shows what type of new work West has worked on and that albums in the future could be the same way, but the album as a whole was disappointing and underwhelming.